8 Great On-Page SEO Techniques
SEO (Search Engine Optimization). This is where you concept your web pages and contrivance certain methods to help you rank as high as potential on search engine result pages (SERPs). The higher your pages can rank on Google/Bing/Yahoo/etc. results pages, the more traffic your site is likely to get.
On-Page SEO: ON your website to help you rank higher, such as page titles, Alt tag, internal linking, Meta tags & descriptions, etc.
Off-Page SEO: OFF your website to help you rank higher, such as social networking, directory submission, article submission, forum & blog marketing, profile link building etc.
On-Page Search Engine Optimisation
1. Page Titles :Your page titles are one of the most important SEO factors on your site. Each of your pages & posts must have its own unique title, which contains the main keywords for that page.
For example, you could write a blog post about a SEO Services that you have tried. It is thus extremely important that you include ‘SEO Services in India within your post title, perhaps “Easy SEO Services” or “ SEO Services in India”, etc.
2. Meta Descriptions:Many people forget to include Meta descriptions for their pages. These descriptions are a significant place to contain related keywords for your content, as these are used inside the search results when your page is registered.
For instance, if we continue to use the ‘SEO Services’ example, then a good meta description for that page would comprise those keywords and connected ones. So, “SEO Services provide best company in India and explain about SEO.” would be a great Meta description to use, as it is comparatively short, whilst containing a number of specific keywords.
3. Meta Tags:For each of your pages, you can contain a set of keywords in the form of Meta tags. These must be all the applicable keywords of your content, which you will have investigated previously.
I use a WordPress plug-in on my sites called ‘All in One SEO Pack’. This lets me to enter all of my Meta tag keywords, Meta description and page title at the bottom of each of my posts before publishing. This simply insets all of the info into your page HTML format for you, making your life a little calmer.
4. URL Structure:Including search engine friendly URLs for each of your pages is extremely suggested, as these bring better crawling. Shorter URLs seem to complete better in search engine results, however that is not the only feature.
As you can see for this page, the URL is http://wormyseo.com/uncategorized/off-page-seo-seo-services/ I have included the keywords that are relevant for this post.
5. Body Tags (H1, H2, H3, H4, etc.):When writing your articles, you must break up your content into reduced sections & paragraphs to make it easier for people to read. These divisions can be given heading, which is where H1, H2, H3, H4, etc. tags are used.
6. Keyword Density:Including related keywords through your content is very important, as it helps search engines work out what your content is about. However, try not to extremely repeat and overuse keywords just for search engine robots. This can lead to your site existence banned from search engines.
To avoid this, try to keep your keyword density to roughly 2-5%. If you find this hard, get out a glossary and broaden your writing terminology. This way, you are still writing about the same thing, without risk of being barred.
7. Image SEO:
Using images within your content is a great way to make your site more visually attractive and break up boring chunks of text. You can utilize these images to help advance your site SEO.
All your uploaded images have titles, so treat them just the same as your page titles. Including applicable keywords can help people find your site when searching on Google Images.
You can also include Alt Text and Descriptions for your images, making them even more useful with SEO.
8. Internal Linking:Placing links to your other website pages, is a great way of refining your site and used properly, internal links can be a useful weapon in your SEO arsenal. Not only does it make it much easier for your visitors to navigate around your site and find all of your content, but it also guarantees that your site gets properly skulked allowing the search engines to find all of your pages. It also helps to build the relevancy of a page to pertinent keywords and phrases, whilst also helping to increase the Google PageRank of your pages.
There are a number of unlike methods that you can use to recover your internal linking structure. The main being; content links and enduring navigation links.